Thursday, March 4, 2010

Wendy's Toolbox: Oxo 4-Cup Angled Measuring Cup

To have a kitchen that turns out consistently excellent meals takes a lot of gadgets and tools. Hands down, my favorite recent addition to my kitchen collection is Oxo's Good Grips 4-cup angled measuring cup. Once you buy one, you'll wonder how you ever used an old-fashioned measuring cup. It's sort of like my DVR: I never knew how much I needed it until I got one and started using it...now I can't imagine living without it!!

Why is this measuring cup so cool, you ask? A patented angled presentation allows you to easily read measurements by looking down into the measuring cup. This eliminates the need to constantly fill, check, and add more/pour out liquid to adjust the amount you're trying to measure.

I had never seen anything like this before wandering into Crate & Barrel in Houston over the Christmas holidays. As soon as I saw this measuring cup, I knew that I HAD to buy one and make it part of my kitchen ASAP! It's the best $10 I've spent in a very long time. I can't recommend this tool highly enough as an essential component for any kitchen. It's made of lightweight plastic and washes up very easily. The padded handle is a nice touch too...very ergonomic!

Oxo also offers this nifty measuring cup in 1-cup and 2-cup sizes. However, I really like the 4-cup version because one measuring cup easily handles all of my cooking needs without having multiple measuring cups cluttering my small kitchen! Seriously...run, don't walk, to your nearest kitchen accessories store and GET ONE OF THESE MEASURING CUPS!!! I just know you'll love it as much as I do mine!!

2 comments:

  1. I have the 1-cup and 2-cup sizes as well as a mini version that measures in tablespoons. I love them all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the pampered chef versions in all of the sizes and I love it too!

    ReplyDelete