Thursday, March 11, 2010

Wendy's Toolbox: The Incredible, Versatile Spoonula

I have a riddle for you: When is a spoon not a spoon...and a spatula not a spatula? Give up? The answer is this: when they're combined into one nifty little hybrid kitchen utensil called a spoonula. Part spoon, part spatula...and uniquely wonderful!! Spoonulas are excellent for stirring, scraping, folding, and mixing. I love that I can stir my side dishes in the pot and then use the same utensil to serve when it's finished cooking. One less thing to clean up is always a good thing! I use my spoonula every night when preparing dinner. It's one tool that does the work of two...and who doesn't like to multi-task when it comes to getting dinner on the table at the end of a busy day?

You can find a good basic spoonula in the kitchen department of most discount stores for about $6, but my personal favorite is the one you see pictured above from Williams-Sonoma. The handle is made out of maple wood, and the silicone head is heat-resistant to 800 degrees. One of my favorite features of this spoonula is that the head comes off so it can go into the dishwasher. These spoonulas are very durable...if you take care of them, they'll last for years. I couldn't resist adding the red one to my collection recently since that's my favorite color! Expect to spend about $10 for a medium spoonula at Williams-Sonoma.


No comments:

Post a Comment