Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Tuesday Food Find Corner: Laughing Cow Cheese

The old adage goes, "Laughter is the best medicine...". If so, then Laughing Cow cheese is the PERFECT antidote to rubbery, tasteless fat-free cheese when you're trying to eat healthier and lose weight. I love this stuff and eat it several times a week. But you  may have wondered what exactly IS Laughing Cow cheese? It's a soft, spreadable cheese made from Swiss cheese and a bit of cream...it's shelf stable and totally easy to spread. The best part? It doesn't taste "light" at all, so I don't feel like I'm sacrificing taste in exchange for eating healthy. Laughing Cow Original Swiss is only 50 calories and 4 grams of fat per delicious wedge.

Laughing Cow also comes in a Light version in Swiss, garlic and herb, and French onion flavors. Each light wedge is only 35 calories and 2 grams of fat and also very tasty. But...I'm sort of a purist: for only a few more calories, I generally stick with Original Laughing Cow. Both the Original and Light varieties are only ONE Weight Watchers point per wedge, which is a bargain for something that tastes so rich and flavorful!

I use Laughing Cow cheese in lots of different ways. My favorite way to eat it is with a serving of pretzels...it's a great low-fat snack. Because it's so easy to spread, it's also great on a tortilla as a base for a healthy wrap sandwich. Laughing Cow happens to melt very well, so it's great scrambled in eggs or melted into some steamed veggies. My favorite broccoli and cheese is made with frozen chopped broccoli and a wedge of Laughing Cow...it's only ONE Weight Watchers point for a large serving of this tasty side dish.


Do you love Laughing Cow too? If so...tell me how YOU use it. I'm always looking for more ways to enjoy this healthy, versatile cheese!!!



1 comment:

  1. it is great on crackers or even celery...now I need to buy some to have on hand!

    ReplyDelete