Monday, March 29, 2010

Monday Special Edition: Alexia House Party...and the Winning Dip Recipe

I'm taking a break from my usual Monday banter to give you the scoop about the Alexia House Party that I hosted last night. We invited my brother-in-law and sister-in-law over for dinner to try some yummy, healthy Alexia products. We ate spicy turkey and provolone burgers and tried three different Alexia sides: Spicy Sweet Potato Fries, Waffle Fries, and Onion Rings. All three were delicious, but it was especially nice to find a healthier, lowfat version of onion rings that bake up super-crispy in the oven in less than 30 minutes.


I served three dipping sauces on the side as well: salsa ranch, spicy chipotle ketchup, and the winning dip recipe from last week's contest. The salsa ranch is super simple: stir together 1/3 cup each medium chunky salsa and lowfat ranch dressing in a small bowl. The chipotle ketchup was a snap to whip up as well: it was 3/4 cup ketchup with chipotle chili powder, grated garlic, and Crystal hot sauce stirred in until the desired spice level was reached. The winning dip recipe was Zesty Lime Dip. This tangy dip went very well with the fries and onion rings, but I think it would be great with baked chips or crudite as well. As promised, here's the recipe:

Zesty Lime Dip

Ingredients:
  • 8-ounce container light sour cream (I prefer Daisy brand)
  • Juice and zest of two key limes
  • 1 tablespoon dried cilantro
  • One clove garlic, finely chopped (I grated it with a microplane)
  • 1/2 teaspoon each salt and fresh ground pepper
  • 2-3 green onions, thinly sliced
  • Garlic Tabasco to taste
Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least two hours to allow flavors to combine. This dip can be made the day before as it tastes even better the next day.

I have some of this delicious dip left, so I'm using it as a topping on tonight's dinner of chicken fajita tacos...yum! Stay tuned for more giveaways and contests in the coming weeks. In the meantime, let me know if you try any Alexia products and what you think about them!

No comments:

Post a Comment