Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Wednesday Taste Test Challenge: Luna Chocolate Cherry Almond Protein Bar

This week’s Taste Test Clallenge features Luna's new Chocolate Cherry Almond Protein bar. I’m a long-time fan of Luna bars. I like to keep a couple in my desk at work for those days when all I have time to do for breakfast or lunch is open up a package and eat something fast at my desk. Not ideal perhaps, but it’s a healthier option than the choices offered in the vending machine in my break room! I recently bought some Luna Protein bars and tried the Chocolate Cherry Almond flavor last Friday after work. We had late dinner plans in Austin, so I needed a snack that would tide me over until dinner. This bar definitely did that!

First off, it’s covered in chocolate…which is never a bad thing in my book! The inside of the bar is chewy like nougat and quite tasty! I could taste small pieces of dried cherry and almond in every bite. The portion size was quite filling, and it was a very satisfying snack. I ate the bar around 630, and I wasn't the least bit hungry until we had dinner in Austin three hours later! Luna Protein bars come in two other flavors: Cookie Dough and Chocolate Peanut Butter. I haven’t tried the peanut butter one yet, but the cookie dough flavor was yummy as well. The Chocolate Cherry Almond is my favorite of the two.

This is one treat that you don’t have to feel guilty about eating, either! According to the fine folks at Luna, these bars are 100% natural and contain no artificial sweeteners, high fructose corn syrup, or trans-fats. Each yummy bar contains 12 grams of protein, 3 grams of fiber, and less than 200 calories. The peanut butter flavor is 4 Weight Watchers points, while the other two flavors are only 3 Weight Watchers points. They’re also high in calcium and folic acid, two things that women need to include in their daily food intake.

So…if you’re looking for a great snack or breakfast-on-the-run, I can enthusiastically recommend Luna Protein bars to you. You can find them where the other health bars (Luna, Clif, etc.) are located on your grocery store shelf.

1 comment:

  1. I'll have to look for those. I've been hooked on the Kashi TLC Chewy Granola bars in Dark Chocolate Cherry, so this sounds right up my alley.

    ReplyDelete