Monday, March 1, 2010

I'm back...

Some of you might remember that I started a foodie blog last summer. Things got super busy for me, and I let that blog go dormant. But...I really miss writing, so I thought I'd blow the dust off and start blogging again. So...I'm back with a new look and new ideas...this is still going to be a foodie blog, but with a slightly different focus. 

After indulging in a few too many foodie splurges, I gained a bit of weight. I hated how I looked in pictures, so I challenged myself a few weeks ago to lose 20-30 pounds while staying true to my inner foodie. Let's face it...I love good food and I always will, so any weight loss plan has to allow me to eat food that tastes good along the way! If I feel deprived or bored, I'll never stick with it...and sticking with it is what brings long-term success. I'm hoping that this blog will be an impetus for me to uncover lots of great food finds, tools, and recipes to keep things fun and fresh. I'm glad you've decided to join me on this journey.

I hate being ruled by the scale, so I only weigh once a month to gauge my progress. Believe it or not, I don't even have a scale at home! For the month of February, I lost 4 pounds without feeling deprived or bored. I'm following Weight Watchers, but you don't have to be a Weight Watchers member to follow this blog. For any recipes that I post, I'll list complete nutrition information as well as Weight Watchers points information. Here's where I see this blog going, starting tomorrow:

Monday: Tricks of the Trade...I'll share ideas and lessons that I've learned during my weight loss journey.

Tuesday: Food Find Corner...I'll share yummy foods that are helping me stay on track with my weight loss journey.

Wednesday: Taste Test Challenge...I'll commit to try at least one new food each week and share my thoughts on it in here.

Thursday: Wendy's Toolbox...I'll share the gadgets and tools that I use in my kitchen to help make eating healthier easier.

Friday: Recipe of the Week...my goal is to try at least two new recipes each week. I'll share my favorites in here. I especially love to lighten up recipes to make them healthier. Tell me your ideas and I'll see if I can find a way to make your favorite foods healthier too!!

Saturday/Sunday: These Things In My Head...what's on my mind as far as food, weight loss, etc. There's a definite mind/body component to losing weight, and I want to explore that and share a dialogue with my blog followers.

No comments:

Post a Comment